We received numerous calls from GMB members in Fife Council relating to the severe weather conditions last week. Many of you were telling us that you were being asked to repay some of the time through flexi time, annual leave and other methods.
We wrote to the Chief Executive and HR on Wednesday to ask them to come to a sensible decision which would be in line with the Scottish Government view and other councils to make sure Fife Council staff suffered no detriment for having to take time off for last week.
Fife Council have now taken the sensible decision as laid out below. If you have any questions then please contact the branch on email@example.com or 03451 555555 ext 473313 in the first instance.
If you didn’t receive a text on Wednesday (7th) or today (Friday 9th March 2018) then please contact the Dundee office on 01382 225491 to update your details – this would include job and contact details. Texts are the quickest and easiest way for us to contact you.
Also, if you would like to become involved in your union, then please call either of the numbers and we can help you. We would particularly welcome anyone from under-represented groups who would like to become involved.
The following information only applies to the defined period Wednesday 28th February to Friday 2nd March inclusive and the current.
CET have decided that employees who lost time during the period of severe weather from Wednesday 28th February to Friday 2nd March will have a special credit of time up to their standard working day granted.
The following principles will apply:-
• The special credit of time will be granted to employees to cover absences from work as a result of adverse weather from 28th February to 2nd March inclusive
• Employees who worked part of any day during the defined period should have special credit of time granted to make up their standard working day
• If employees had pre-planned annual/flexi leave for these days then this will remain as pre-planned leave
• If employees reported in sick, this will be recorded as sick leave
• If employees requested leave during the defined period due to weather/travel concerns then this should be cancelled and special credit of time granted instead
• Casual/supply workers who were scheduled to work during this period and could not attend due to office and school closures, should be paid for the pre-agreed hours”
Posted: 9th March 2018