GMB Tayside Construction Members
Tayside Contracts has produced draft guidance on wearing face coverings in vehicles. This guidance states that the wearing of a face covering will be in addition to several control measures including;
- a maximum of 2-person occupancy where 2m physical distancing cannot be fully applied
- occupants facing forward and avoiding face to face
- maximum single journey duration time of 1 hour
- maximum cumulative daily journey time of 2 hours 30 minutes
- part of a work bubble/family – vehicle occupants will be kept constant wherever practical
- use of the same vehicle as much as possible
- no eating or drinking in a shared vehicle during travel
- cleaning of touch points between vehicle uses
Tayside Contracts are following Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidance, however, if you feel uncomfortable sharing a vehicle and wearing a face mask, please let your supervisor know this and they will find an alternative solution and contact us if you need any support.
It really is important that at this time we all do our part to keep each other safe. Please follow the guidance above and stay safe.
Any problems please contact your local representative rep in the first instance.
Know anyone who isn’t in the GMB? Encourage them to join us here: https://www.gmb.org.uk/join-gmb
Posted: 22nd July 2020