Joint Formal Collective Grievance
The joint recognised trade unions wish to lodge a formal collective grievance on behalf of our members.
Tayside Contracts confirmed that they would follow the nationally agreed COSLA guidance and in doing so, removed all reference to forced leave during the covid-19 emergency in line with local authorities.
Tayside Contracts management for reasons only known to them have now reneged on this agreement to the detriment of many of our members in construction and facilities. We believe that this is a breach of contract and a failure to consult.
Many of our members have continued to work throughout this emergency and Tayside contracts management should be thanking them not punishing them. In addition we have members who could not work through no fault of their own.
The government guidelines are very clear in that workers can carry over additional leave for 2 years to allow employers to manage this.
- In Summary – the joint trade unions resolution is that the paper that has been produced which breaks our agreement is withdrawn but also namely:
- That anyone forced to take leave during fixed periods of leave in April have their week returned to them
- That anyone who continued to work during the covid emergency and had leave booked and still took the leave has that returned to them
- That anyone ‘stood down’ as a result of Covid-19 has their leave returned to them
- That anyone shielding and took annual leave has their leave returned to them
- That when agreements are made, Tayside contracts honour those and work within the spirit of these
- That if anyone cannot take their leave this year they can carry these forward in line with the legislation
- That HR apologise for the waste of everyone’s time
Join GMB Scotland online
You can click here to join GMB Scotland onlineand leave the rest to GMB.
Full time – Grade 1 = £14.14 per month
Part time – Grade 2 = £8.18 per month, GMB members working part-time for 20 hours or less and GMB members under 18 years. If you work in a school please check the current GMB rate with GMB Scotland 0141 332 8641.
Sick and unemployed members = 5p per week.
Retired life members = If a GMB member retires on or after 1 July 2015, they can apply for free retired life membership within three months of no longer paying contributions in line with rules 45 or 46. To qualify, they have to be permanently retired from paid work, be members for at least 5 years and apply in writing to become retired life members of the union.
Apprentices = £2 per month
Non-working Students = £1 per month, Students who are in employment will continue to pay the rate applicable to their employment and hours of work.
Update Your Details
Moved home? Got Married? Changed your Job? If your details have changed tell GMB by updating your personal profile now.
For convenience click on the link below to update your details online today:
Posted: 30th July 2020