FAO: GMB Tayside Contracts School Members
REF: SCHOOL MEALS UPDATE
An update on school meals for members in Tayside contracts are as follows:
- All nursey, primary & secondary establishments will be open for vulnerable children and keyworkers from tomorrow Thursday 7th January 2021.
- Breakfast clubs will operate as normal at all locations.
- The hot bagged menus that were in place prior to the festive break will be served across the primary school estates for the duration of January 2021.
- It’s anticipated that the uptake on Thursday/Friday of this week will be low but will rise to around 50% of school roll for nurseries/primary schools and 15% for secondary’s’
- There will be no change to the establishment meal service times and service arrangements that were in place prior to the festive break and are likely to continue in the new term.
Please note, GMB are concerned on the staffing levels in kitchen spaces and will address this with Tayside Contracts. Once we have more information, we will update our members. If you have any queries, please speak to your rep in the first instance. Stay safe, stay well and look after each other.
GMB Dundee 1 Branch Secretary
Join GMB Scotland online
You can click here to join GMB Scotland online and leave the rest to GMB.
From 1 Oct 2020
Full time – Grade 1 = £14.57 per month
Part time – Grade 2 = £8.40 per month, GMB members working part-time for 20 hours or less and GMB members under 18 years. If you work in a school please check the current GMB rate with GMB Scotland 0141 332 8641.
Sick and unemployed members = 5p per week.
Retired life members = If a GMB member retires on or after 1 July 2015, they can apply for free retired life membership within three months of no longer paying contributions in line with rules 45 or 46. To qualify, they have to be permanently retired from paid work, be members for at least 5 years and apply in writing to become retired life members of the union.
Apprentices = £2 per month
Non-working Students = £1 per month, Students who are in employment will continue to pay the rate applicable to their employment and hours of work.
Update Your Details
Moved home? Got Married? Changed your Job? If your details have changed tell GMB by updating your personal profile now.
For convenience click on the link below to update your details online today:
Posted: 6th January 2021