FAO: GMB Members in DCC Homecare
- Most of you said you feel supported by your Organiser, but you also told us that you don’t feel supported when they are not working
- More than half of you said that when you raise concerns these aren’t treated seriously by management
- All of you said you don’t have enough time to care for service users most of the time
- More than half of you said you are considering leaving the service
- All of you said you had experienced extra duties being added on shift
- All of you said that your duties are being cut short at short notice
- For those of you on split shifts, 7 out of 10 have said that you feel tired most of the time and 4 out of 10 said you felt that split shifts weren’t providing a good service
- That you are rushing between duties as not enough travelling time is being given
- Service users aren’t being informed of changes
- Three members have been injured at work
GMB Scotland Organiser
Join GMB Scotland online
You can click here to join GMB Scotland online and leave the rest to GMB.
From 1 Oct 2020
Full time – Grade 1 = £14.57 per month
Part time – Grade 2 = £8.40 per month, GMB members working part-time for 20 hours or less and GMB members under 18 years. If you work in a school please check the current GMB rate with GMB Scotland 0141 332 8641.
Sick and unemployed members = 5p per week.
Retired life members = If a GMB member retires on or after 1 July 2015, they can apply for free retired life membership within three months of no longer paying contributions in line with rules 45 or 46. To qualify, they have to be permanently retired from paid work, be members for at least 5 years and apply in writing to become retired life members of the union.
Apprentices = £2 per month
Non-working Students = £1 per month, Students who are in employment will continue to pay the rate applicable to their employment and hours of work.
Update Your Details
Moved home? Got Married? Changed your Job? If your details have changed tell GMB by updating your personal profile now.
For convenience click on the link below to update your details online today:
Posted: 11th May 2021